4.17.2011

Home is where you hang your head

Luke 15:17-24 (Prodigal Son)

Humbly I come down the road,
And I see him approaching fast.
Running as fast as he can,
Boy, he's gonna kick my sorry ass.

Can't blame him a bit,
I lost it all including a piece of my soul.
I promise to pay it all back,
Yeah, the years in the world will exact its toll.

Did I hear him say, "Son"?
I start my speech but he tells me to stop.
In his headlock, I taste his tears,
but I also can smell that pig slop.

I can't hear what he's yelling to the help,
probably, "Start digging my grave."
He's dragging me toward the house,
As I tell him I'll be his slave.

"Stop this nonsense," he said,
"You're my boy and always will be.
We're gonna clean you up,
butcher the fatted calf
into some fine ground round.
And will someone fetch big boy
and tell him the piece of my heart
that was lost
has now been found."